Friday, October 10, 2014

Whys and Wherefores


For more than two decades of revising Anatomy & Physiology, I've wanted to share my thoughts about the choices I make as I update content, integrate new study tools, and reorganize chapters.  Gratified by the success of my previous blogs that reach out to A&P teachers and students in a more general way, I realized that a blog is a great medium in which to dialog specifically about the Anatomy & Physiology suite of learning resources.

Going forward, I plan to share the story behind the choices our team makes in revising and supporting Anatomy & Physiology. I also intend to offer some tips, shortcuts, and advice in using the book and related resources to teach in the classroom, student lab, and online.  And I'll be sharing a few anecdotes from the history of this book, my partnership with coauthor Gary Thibodeau and other collaborators over the years, and some behind-the-scenes adventures.

And I'll explain that crazy abstract image on the front cover!

I also hope that you'll use the comment feature of this blog and also reach out to me personally to ask questions and offer feedback.  We can thus form a community of professionals interested in helping each other help the A&P students of our generation become successful.

Off we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment